We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If at any time we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy covers the personal data that OceansLab collects whenever you interact with us, including when you use our website, and when you attend Oceans Lab subscribed events, and when you contact us via email or phone. It also covers personal data that we may receive from third parties associated with the team.
We may change this policy in the future and will contact you via email to confirm any changes. The latest policy is dated 24/05/2018.
What we collect
- OceansLab collects data via Google Analytics at www.oceanslab.world.
- Upon OceansLab newsletter subscription: Email Address, First Name, Last name, and in some cases only the Email Address.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, and other information relevant to customer requirements
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
- your browser or device information
- information about your use of our websites and apps
Why Oceans Lab has your personal data and how we use it
This section explains the reasons why we have your personal data and our legal basis for doing so.
If you’ve opted-in to receive information from the team by signing up to the OceansLab newsletter.
If you are a partner, influencer, employee, adviser, or other member associated with the team and its objectives.
What we do with the information we gather:
We rely on your consent to process information about your use of our website and social media sites, so that we can improve your browsing experience and deliver online advertising and team information that is relevant to you in line with the platform rules and regulations.
Examples of how we use your data:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may send you some types of direct marketing by email
- We may respond to your comments or complaints
- We may use the information to tailor our websites and communications for you by collecting information about your engagement with us online
How we share your personal data:
- The data is analysed by Google Analytics, which tracks user activity on www.oceanslab.world
How long will OceansLab retain your data
- Oceans Lab will continue to retain your data until you unsubscribe.
- Oceans Lab have physical and electronic safeguarding procedures in place to keep your information secure by preventing unauthorised access or disclosure to your date.
Controlling your data
You may choose to restrict or change the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If we ask you to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible to email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.